Search Community

ScrollTrigger horizontal container animation with previous/next navigation

kf420 test
Moderator Tag

Looking for guidance on how to add previous/next navigation to a horizontally scrolling container, like the one in the attached Codepen. I found several examples with multiple links - one for each section within container, but I am looking specifically for previous/next only. In other words, some way to determine which section is in view (with snap enabled), and ability to navigate to next or previous if available, or disabling the button if not.

See the Pen WNjaxKp by GreenSock (@GreenSock) on CodePen

This may help: 

See the Pen xxEQNBB by GreenSock (@GreenSock) on CodePen

And this helper function may also be useful: 

https://greensock.com/docs/v3/HelperFunctions#getScrollLookup

We love helping with GSAP-related questions, but unfortunately we just don't have the resources to provide free general consulting or "here are my list of requirements...please show me how to build it" tutorials. Of course anyone else is welcome to post an answer if they'd like - we just want to manage expectations.  

You can post in the "Jobs & Freelance" forum for paid consulting, or contact us directly. 

Or you can take a crack at a solution and if you get stuck, just post back here with a minimal demo showing only the issue you're stuck on (not your whole project) and we'd be glad to take a peek.