Search Community

Motion Blur not working

timaging test
Moderator Tag

Hi-

this worked, but this code also isn't mentioned (that I can see) on the tweenmax page or in the swf sample?

I also didn't readily see this in the docs, so I'm curious how I could have missed that. Where should I be looking for this special code information for these Club plugins?

thanks,

Dave

Sorry about the confusion, Dave. The information about activating the plugins can be found in the following places:

The main TweenLite and TweenMax pages under the "PLUGINS" header:

Activating a plugin requires a single line of code and you only need to do it ONCE in your application, so it's pretty easy. Simply pass an Array containing the names of all the plugins you'd like to activate to the TweenPlugin.activate() method, like this:

import com.greensock.plugins.*;

TweenPlugin.activate([FrameLabelPlugin, ColorTransformPlugin]);

To make it even easier, I created the Plugin Explorer which writes the code for you. All you need to do is select the plugins and copy/paste the code from the bottom of the tool. It also shows interactive examples of each plugin and the assocaited code so that it's easy to see the correct syntax.

And in the FAQ section of the main TweenLite and TweenMax pages:

How do I activate extra plugins?

Check out the Plugin Explorer above. Not only does it provide interactive examples of each plugin, but it also writes the activation code for you and shows how many kb the plugins will cost.

And in the ASDocs on the TweenLite and TweenMax main documentation pages:

Adding the capabilities is as simple as activating the plugin with a single line of code, like TweenPlugin.activate([TintPlugin]); Get information about all the plugins at http://www.TweenLite.com

And on the MotionBlurPlugin ASDoc page under "usage", it shows the code:

import com.greensock.*;

import com.greensock.plugins.*;

TweenPlugin.activate([MotionBlurPlugin]); //only do this once in your SWF to activate the plugin

Is there a place you think I should add a note? I'm always looking to improve things, so let me know if you've got any ideas.

is there a place to get the names for these plugins?

That's what the Plugin Explorer is for. I tried to make it REALLY easy - you can scroll through the list of plugins, select any that you want to activate, and it will write the activation code for you down below. You can copy and paste that into your file. And click the "EXAMPLE" button next to any plugin to see an interactive example.

The Plugin Explorer is on pretty much all of the tweening pages on the site and it's in the downloads as well.

Does that answer your question?