Search Community

GSAP v3 easing issues

cv9 test
Moderator Tag

I have noticed that with the new convention for selecting the easing type by string doesn't seem to work when I try it.

I have gone to the page https://greensock.com/docs/v3/Eases and even copied the easing settings and they still do not work.

The easing types of step and rough do nothing. As for regular easing types like power, I have noticed that they don't work unless I rename them with a capitalized first letter or it could be reverting to some default type - hard to tell the difference!

Is there something I'm doing wrong?

In my example, the cube should rotate left or right on mouse move with easing applied. It obviously doesn't work at the moment!

Thanks for any help.

See the Pen dyZaBoa by vcad (@vcad) on CodePen

Hi Blake,

It wasn't supposed to work unless you removed the easing part or renamed "power4.inOut" to "Power4.inOut".

As for moving the animation to the mouse handler - onMouseMove() - that actually helped. Now, "steps(12)" works for easing, although "rough" easing doesn't seem to be working.

Thanks anyway.

EDIT: I've updated the codepen to steps easing!

Hi @cv9

RoughEase, ExpoScaleEase, and SlowMo are not part of the core, so you'll need to load the EasePack to use one of those. I'd also suggest using GSAP's ticker as you don't need an additional request Animation Frame running. It's less code too.

gsap.ticker.add(() => {
  renderer.render(scene, camera);
});

See the Pen KKyJOLL by GreenSock (@GreenSock) on CodePen

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1