Search Community

How adding to a timeline works/executes

NickWoodward test
Moderator Tag

7 hours ago, NickWoodward said:

Should I split the tl in two and add each section to a parent tl? Does that sould like it would work?

I guess my big question is why are you worried about adding stuff to a parent/main timeline? I would just create a completely separate timeline and be done with it. 😉

See the Pen vYWwaRQ by GreenSock (@GreenSock) on CodePen

• Like 1

On 3/8/2022 at 6:24 AM, Carl said:

this topic seems more related to order of execution and what happens when functions are executed: someFunction() vs referenced: someFunction

Yeah, that and a big thing for me is understanding that tl.to() etc set up, rather than start the animations. I think a mixture of immediateRender causing odd behaviour, and dom elements not being found because I misunderstood how a tl is created then run, led to me trying callbacks, rather than calling a function that returned a tween or tl.

23 hours ago, OSUblake said:

I guess my big question is why are you worried about adding stuff to a parent/main timeline?

I did consider that 😄 I guess it was more for readability than anything else. Well, that and establishing that it isn't really possible and I'm not just missing something!