Search Community

How to reverse timelines with multiple scrolltriggers?

vanquer test
Moderator Tag

Hi, 

I'm currently trying to figure out how to chain multiple scrolltrigger timelines to play reversible. Play works as expected, but everything breaks when I'm trying to add reverse in toggleActions on each ScrollTrigger, so i have to reset everything back to top. When I'm trying to scroll from footer to last section it jumps to the top of the page. I'm new in GSAP, so maybe I'm doing something wrong, I hope that someone knows how to reverse that ScrollTrigger Timelines.

See the Pen QWOrZLV by wisee (@wisee) on CodePen

• vanquer changed the title to How to reverse timelines with multiple scrolltriggers?

Hi, @OSUblake

Yeah I know that it might seems a bit complicated, I think ScrollTrigger is the correct tool, because I need to have snap scroll and multiple scroll triggers and some timeline animations. The tricky part is this first section, that needs to be triggered by the scroll, but it is in the viewport, the rest is quite easy.

I'm still having a hard time understanding what you're trying to accomplish here, but maybe you can get your desired outcome by using standalone ScrollTriggers to customize the behavior you want.

For example, here are two topics where the solution was to create standalone ScrollTriggers. What they are doing is probably not related to your issue, but perhaps they will give you an idea about how you can use standalone ScrollTriggers to get the behavior you want.