Search Community

cover up fix

vdheyning test
Moderator Tag

Hi Jack,

Sorry this is yet again a beginner's question, I have an old swf file from my client that has the wrong beginning and end logo, I managed to place the old logo on top of the loaded swf with addChild, thus covering it, in the beginning, but I can't figure out how to add the same movieclip to the end, so it covers the old logo.

I am not getting any good results with an swf decompiler, so the only way I could see this happening is by this add child method as the loader ignores layers. I'm afraid my knowledge of flash never seems to move much beyond the copy and paste stage, but I hope you can, yet again, help,

my swf file exceeds your byte limit, maybe you know a quick answer without seeing an fla file, but in the meantime I'll try and come up with an example...

Thank you so much, as always, very grateful,

Fam

It's tough to say without seeing the swf/fla, but if you can figure out the path to the logo (like the swf's root.footer_mc.logo or whatever), you should be able to removeChild() and add yours with addChild(). That also assumes you have full script access to it and that it's AS3-based.