Search Community

Interactive slider animation

danosaur test
Moderator Tag

Hey dear GSAP community, 

I've been wondering if this or something similar to this animation in this video could be possible with GSAP and Swiper JS. If yes, how? SVG morph? Or should I do it with the canvas. Maybe Pixi JS?

CHeers :) 

P.S.:Sorry for the noob question. I only know how to use the scroll trigger so far LOL.

I'm not 100% sure what you're asking here (I don't have time to watch a 23 minute video), but you should certainly be able to accomplish the animation with GSAP. As for the rendering layer, it really comes down to what kind of performance and developer ergonomics you need. Often canvas can require a lot more development time but perform better for certain effects. Sometimes SVG is perfectly adequate. But yeah, you could animate individual points of a bezier or you might be able to use MorphSVGPlugin depending on the specific effect and dynamics you need. 

Maybe take a crack at it and if you get stuck let us know and we'd be happy to help with any GSAP-specific questions. 👍 A minimal demo will always significantly increase your chances of getting a solid answer :)

• Like 1