Search Community

Random Tween Rotation

Luigi Vercotti test
Moderator Tag

Hello

var timeline:TimelineLite = new TimelineLite();
var Pics:Array = [testRot05, testRot02, testRot06, testRot04, testRot, testRot03];
var i:Number= Pics.length;
while (i--) {
   timeline.insert( TweenLite.from(Pics[i], 1, {y:0, rotationZ:180, rotationY:180, rotationX:360, alpha:0}), i * 1);
}

The code above works, no problem.

If you can please advice me how to do like each picture goes from different rotationZ/Y/X and stop at the correct position (pictures). I probably could do each picture separate, but that's gonna take me some time as I will have 35 of them (5rows and 7colloms).

Please ;)

I don't understand the question. Could you give more details about exactly what you want? Are you asking for code that will randomize the beginning rotationX/rotationY/rotationZ? Are you asking for code that will place things in 5 rows and 7 columns? Do the objects already start in the correct position?

• Like 1

I'm sorry for my English :?

OK, finally there will be 5 rows and 7 columns (35 pictures/movie clips) and yes, they can start from one position, but if they can randomly begin rotationX/rotationY/rotationZ, but they must stop at the correct position, because they are pictures.

Do you need to know how to place these objects in rows and columns or do you already have them in position? If you just need to know how to make them randomly start from various rotations, simply do:

var timeline:TimelineLite = new TimelineLite();
var Pics:Array = [testRot05, testRot02, testRot06, testRot04, testRot, testRot03];
var i:Number= Pics.length;
while (i--) {
   timeline.insert( TweenLite.from(Pics[i], 1, {y:0, rotationZ:Math.random() * 360, rotationY:Math.random() * 360, rotationX:Math.random() * 360, alpha:0}), i * 1);
}

I want to add onComplete:onFinishMainPic

timeline.insert( TweenLite.from(Pics[i], 1, {y:0, rotationZ:Math.random() * 360, rotationY:Math.random() * 360, rotationX:Math.random() * 360, alpha:0, onComplete:onFinishMainPic}), i * 1);
}

but it doesn't work. What do you think? Please ;)

Hello Greensock

Your code from earlier works pretty fine.

Later I am trying to use it on some another picture/movie clip and I don't know why it never stop at the correct position (rotated position), even if I use rotation X/Y/Z without Math.random(), only with 360. So, it supposed to just turn around, isn't it? I am guessing it has something to do with height: and width: ...but I don't know why....

Do you have any idea? ;)

var patron_mc:TimelineLite = new TimelineLite();
patron_mc.insert(TweenLite.to(patron, 2, {alpha:1, x:175.6, y:185, width:310, height:110, rotationY:Math.random() * 360, rotationX:Math.random() * 360, ease:Strong.easeIn}));