Search Community

VideoLoader delay on loading

Yanickl test
Moderator Tag

Hello Folks,

First of all, thanks for this amazing library. (Sorry for my english)

I try the VideoLoader and it's work very good. But, the complete Event take like 10 seconds to be dispatches and I load only 1 .flv local (should be instant).

Did you guys have this «problem» ?

Thanks You

Yanick Legault

Thanks for the fast reply.

Weird. Maybe my video.

There is my code

var loader:VideoLoader = new VideoLoader("video/video.flv", {name:"myVideo", container:conteneurVideo, width:720, height:486,smooting:true, bgColor:0x000000, autoPlay:false, volume:0});
var queue:LoaderMax = new LoaderMax({name:"mainQueue", onComplete:completeHandler});
queue.append( loader );
queue.load();

function completeHandler(pEvt:LoaderEvent):void
{
loader.addEventListener(VideoLoader.VIDEO_PLAY, onVideoPlayHandler);
loader.playVideo();
}

You're sure the VideoLoader's COMPLETE event is taking that long, or are you waiting for the VIDEO_COMPLETE event (which fires after the whole video finishes playing, not loading)?

If you're still having trouble, please post a simple reproduction of the problem, like an FLA and your video so we can just publish it and see what's going on.

Thanks again for the fast reply.

I'm afraid I can't show the video (copyright).

But, I wait for the event here : var queue:LoaderMax = new LoaderMax({name:"mainQueue", onComplete:completeHandler});

It is the good Event ?

thanks

Yes, in your example code, that completeHandler() will be called as soon as ALL of the loaders in that LoaderMax have finished loading. Do you only have the VideoLoader in there or do you have others?

You don't have to post a copyrighted video - can't you just use a silly little fake video or something that you have laying around to see if the problem goes away when you switch to a different video? That'd obviously indicate a problem with the video file itself.