Search Community

A couple ?s in regards to TimelineMax

ej23 test
Moderator Tag

Uh, just wanted to verify on thing that's ambiguous to me right now about using Timeline Max.

Now let's say I have a timeline, can something that's already in a timeline be tweened independently, out side the time line?

Like if a timeline tweened something to a state, can a single element of the timeline be tweened independently of the timeline?

Or....

What would happen if I wanted to re-start the timeline from the beginning? Would all the tweens in the timeline be automatically tweened back to it's original state before the timeline is executed?

I ask just cause I am having some weird issue with a SWF that major composition is tweened into place with a timeline?

Thanks in advance for any help. Sorry if this is totally obvious, and is clearly explained in the documentation, or somewhere else on Greensock.

:D

What you say "timeline" do you mean a MovieClip timeline like in the Flash IDE or are you talking about a TimelineLite or TimelineMax instance?

In Flash, as soon as you alter ANY object property with ActionScript, that object becomes disconnected from the timeline and cannot go back on it. You could create a beautiful motion tween that lasts 1500 frames but if on frame 1 you say myObject.x = 1, then myObject won't do any of its animation that you did on the MovieClip timeline. That has nothing to do with TweenLite/Max specifically - it's just how Flash works.

If you build your stuff in TimelineLite or TimelineMax instances with TweenLite/Max, it gives you a LOT more flexibility.

Does that answer your question?

Yeah, I understand that. My swf is all code. Nothing is on the actual timeline.

What I am talking about is building a tween in TimelineMax. Can something that is originally tweened in the original timeline sequence, be independently tweened outside of the timeline?

var TheArrows:TimelineMax = new TimelineMax({delay:3.25,repeat:-1, repeatDelay:2,yoyo:false});

///////ARROW 1 START
TheArrows.insert( new TweenMax (ah1, .5,{alpha:1, ease:Cubic.easeOut}));

TheArrows.insert( new TweenMax (ah1, 1,{x:244, ease:Cubic.easeOut}));

TheArrows.insert( new TweenMax (al1, 1,{width:351, ease:Cubic.easeOut}));

TheArrows.insert( new TweenMax (lbd, .75,{delay:.75,alpha:1, ease:Cubic.easeOut}));

////////REMOVAL START
TheArrows.insert( new TweenMax (ah1, .5,{delay:3.35, alpha:0, ease:Strong.easeOut}));

TheArrows.insert( new TweenMax (al1, 1,{delay: 3.35, alpha:0,ease:Strong.easeOut}));

TheArrows.insert( new TweenMax (lbd, .75,{delay: 3.35, alpha:0,ease:Strong.easeOut}));

////////ARROW 2
TheArrows.insert( new TweenMax (ah2, .5,{delay:.40,alpha:1, ease:Cubic.easeOut}));

TheArrows.insert( new TweenMax (ah2, 1,{delay:.5,x:244,tease:Cubic.easeOut}));

TheArrows.insert( new TweenMax (al2, 1.05,{delay:.58, alpha:1, width:351, ease:Cubic.easeOut}));

TheArrows.insert( new TweenMax (lyd, .75,{delay:1.25, alpha:1, ease:Cubic.easeOut}));

///////REMOVAL START
TheArrows.insert( new TweenMax (ah2, .5,{delay:3.50,alpha:0, ease:Strong.easeOut}));

TheArrows.insert( new TweenMax (al2, 1,{delay:3.50,alpha:0,ease:Strong.easeOut}));

TheArrows.insert( new TweenMax (lyd, .75,{delay:3.50,alpha:0, ease:Strong.easeOut}));

////ARROW THREE START
TheArrows.insert( new TweenMax (ah3, .5,{delay:.90, alpha:1, ease:Cubic.easeOut}));

TheArrows.insert( new TweenMax (ah3, 1,{delay:1, x:244,ease:Cubic.easeOut}));

TheArrows.insert( new TweenMax (al3, 1.05,{delay:1, alpha:1, width:351, ease:Cubic.easeOut}));

TheArrows.insert( new TweenMax (lgd, .75,{delay:1.75, alpha:1, ease:Cubic.easeOut}));

////REMOVAL START
TheArrows.insert( new TweenMax (ah3, .5,{delay:3.65,alpha:0, ease:Strong.easeOut}));

TheArrows.insert( new TweenMax (al3, 1,{delay:3.65,alpha:0,ease:Strong.easeOut}));

TheArrows.insert( new TweenMax (lgd, .75,{delay:3.65,alpha:0, ease:Strong.easeOut}));

////ARROWS 4 START
TheArrows.insert( new TweenMax (ah4, .5,{delay:1.4,alpha:1, ease:Cubic.easeOut}));

TheArrows.insert( new TweenMax (ah4, 1,{delay:1.5,x:244,ease:Cubic.easeOut}));

TheArrows.insert( new TweenMax (al4, 1,{delay:1.5, alpha:1, width:350, ease:Cubic.easeOut}));

TheArrows.insert( new TweenMax (dbd, .85,{delay:2.5, alpha:1, ease:Cubic.easeOut}))

TheArrows.insert( new TweenMax (ah4, .5,{delay:3.80,alpha:0, ease:Strong.easeOut}));

TheArrows.insert( new TweenMax (al4, 1,{delay:3.80,alpha:0,ease:Strong.easeOut}));

TheArrows.insert( new TweenMax (dbd, .75,{delay:3.80,alpha:0, ease:Strong.easeOut}));

////ARROWS TIMELINE END////////

Can something in this sequence be tweened outside of the timeline?

Also when I add a tween, should I have "insert", or should it "append"?

Thanks

Uh, yeah. Disregard this concern of mine. My issue has nothing to do with GreenSock.

It's the fonts I am using. They are messing up my site......etc. etc. etc.

Thanks for any help thus far.