Search Community

Broken documentation Example

dCastelli test
Moderator Tag

Hi, I'm trying to understand some overlapping logic about ScrollTrigger and I'm interested in one of the example retrieved from the demos library that seems perfect for my case, but the link seems broken:

Can I ask if someone is capable of restoring it or can you please redirect me to the new link?

I attach a screenshot from where I found the the example.

Very grateful

Schermata 2021-01-11 alle 18.56.46.png

Schermata 2021-01-11 alle 19.04.37.png

See the Pen zYqLyPQ by akapowl (@akapowl) on CodePen

Edited by dCastelli
Sorry, when I post the message, in the answer I can see the example working, but previously I cannot get it worked, as from the screenshot

Hey dCastelli and welcome to the GreenSock forums. 

It looks like @akapowl made the pen private so the public link that was included on the ScrollTrigger demos section broke (I'm guessing he didn't know it was linked to). I replaced the public link with the private link so the link in the ScrollTrigger demos should be fixed now :) 

Whoops, sorry. Forgot you had linked to one of my examples on the demo page.

In an attempt to keep my codepen a bit cleaner, I set most of the pens to private.

I thought it wouldn't be a problem since the pens posted inside of threads are still accessible even if set to private.

But that's something different when linked to on that demo page of course. Sorry again :) 

The actual pen that was linked to before is this one here:

See the Pen 6a2480c123d88dc391faba0ea5cc590f by akapowl (@akapowl) on CodePen

The one you linked to now is a bit different with regard to the text on the left side.

In the previously linked to example it is animated with a break in between whereas in the demo you linked to now it is scrolling freely.

Don't know if you want to change it back because the preview-thumbnail-video shows the animated one with the break in between.

• Thanks 1