Search Community

Share GSAP animation in another website

Fabrizio Denna test
Moderator Tag

Hi All,

I created a GSAP animation that a client of mine admired a lot and wants to put it on his site too.
For the animation I used an HTML file with the DOM elements, 1 JS file for the script and some files for the images.
There is a way to package everything up and give the customer a quick way to put it on their site (the contact person is not the webmaster and does not have access to the code).
Can this be done with <iframe>? Is there an example of this?
Thank you in advance
Fabrizio

Hey Fabrizio and welcome to the GreenSock forums. Thanks for supporting GreenSock with a Club GreenSock membership!

7 hours ago, Fabrizio Denna said:

There is a way to package everything up and give the customer a quick way to put it on their site (the contact person is not the webmaster and does not have access to the code).

Someone at the company needs access to some part of the website for you to be able to add anything to it, even an iframe. Most likely what would be best is to 

1. Host the images that you need somewhere that can be publicly accessed.
  2. Create a single HTML file with all HTML, CSS, and JS in it that you need (probably including a reference to GSAP's CDN URL). It could or could not include the outer parts of an HTML page like <html> and <body> depending on how you want to explain it to the client. There's probably not a good reason to use an iframe.
  3. Send that single HTML file to the client and instruct them as to how to have them include it on their page.

Happy tweening!