Search Community

Noob need help for animation transform without SVGMORPH

sahariv test
Moderator Tag

Hello, I want to animate several elements in this svg (wave, palm tree, octopus). I want a morph effect (transform between 2 svg) I am using in .html but my svg is really huge and I am confused .. Not having access to the club, can you help me with a method other than SVGMORPHPLUGIN. I am new to web development (-1years) and I really need to finish my portfolio, I have an application in a few days. Have a nice day, Aymeric

24728080_Capturedcran(6).thumb.png.8f8983ff6b470e8fc4d017dd4ed6f01f.png

Hey Aymeric and welcome to the GreenSock forums.

The difficulty of morphing between two SVGs depends largely on the actual SVGs being morphed between. In most cases it's far from trivial because they have a different amount of points and you would have to do a lot of calculations to figure out how they should be animated. MorphSVGPlugin does this for you :) Sorry, but we can't just provide you a work around for doing all that MorphSVG does without MorphSVG. 

We highly recommend signing up for Club GreenSock! Usually people find that it pays for itself in a matter of days. It sounds like that will definitely be true for you as it will save you a ton of time :) 

• Like 3

Thank you Zach,
Unfortunately after Christmas shopping I can't afford to pay for the club right away, but then I will.
I'm thinking of continuing with <animate> and doing some stuff with after effects.
Have a good day :)