Search Community

make a circle out of text

maxvia test
Moderator Tag

Hi guys,聽

I am trying to make聽the following animation.聽https://rino-pelle.com/contact/聽(round text moving)

The first question I have in mind is, is there any way with gsap to make a circle out of a text?聽

Also, as you can see, when scrolling down the speed of the rotation rises. Do we have any similar codepen that I could use to get inspiration from ? I tried to search within the forum but didnt find.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you very much!聽

Hey @maxvia,

To render text along the shape of a聽<path>, enclose the text in a聽<textPath>聽element

that has an聽href聽attribute with a reference to the聽<path>聽element (see here).

With GSAP you can animate the text:

See the Pen 6fa7024ac0283e5e5715777155c9d554?editors=1010 by mikeK (@mikeK) on CodePen

With the help of GSAP ScrollTrigger and timeScale() you can then change the speed of the animation.

Happy tweening ...

Mikel

• Like 4

Hey @maxvia

You could achieve the round-text party by curving svg text along a circle path, something like explained here

https://css-tricks.com/snippets/svg/curved-text-along-path/

...and then rotate the SVG using GSAP.

Since they don't have an example with a circle on there, here is an example of what that could look like (without animation)

See the Pen 6aca59898326e199f690ed886e825ded by akapowl (@akapowl) on CodePen

For the speed increase on scroll, I would recommend this thread here.

These both helped me achieve that effect for myself, and I am sure they will help you too.

Cheers,

Paul

• Like 5

@mikel - I聽路 initially聽路 had聽路 it聽路 with聽路 centered聽路 dots聽路 but聽路 I聽路 like聽路 it聽路 most聽路 with聽路 the聽路 normal聽路 ones聽:)

And I left the part of setting the rotation for the nice balanced visuals of the text out on purpose for my demo ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1