Search Community

Appearing footer

popland test
Moderator Tag

I'm trying to make something that apparently is easy, but i cant get out;

basically i have a link at the bottom of the page, when i click the link i would like a footer appear sliding up, and when in the footer i click another link, the footer slide back.
I made up 2 animations (im working in react) to which i pass the div to animate 

<div className="fixed bottom-0 left-0 mb-2 ml-2 text-sm uppercase">
        <div className="flex">
          <div className="relative">
            <button onClick={handleColophon} disabled={disabled}>
              {state.menuName}
            </button>
          </div>
        </div>
      </div>
<div
        className="fixed bottom-4 left-0 w-3/4 h-32 hidden"
        ref={(el=> (cWrapper = el)}
      >
        <div
          className="relative  text-sm uppercase  bg-gray-200 h-full p-5 m-2 overflow-hidden "
          ref={(el=> (clf = el)}
        >
          <div className="flex">
            <div className="relative">
              Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet consectetur adipisicing elit. Quos eum
              iste temporibus magnam assumenda quas ad dolorum quaerat corrupti
              et odio vitae iure aspernatur aperiam, deleniti cum! Consequatur,
              rem quibusdam!
            </div>
            <div className="">
              <button onClick={handleColophon}>CLOSE</button>
            </div>
          </div>
        </div>
      </div>

export const ColophonOpen = (clf=> {
  gsap.from(clf, {
    duration: 0.7,
    y: 300,
    ease: 'power4.inOut',
    transformOrigin: 'left bottom',
  });
};

export const ColophonClose = (clf=> {
  gsap.to(clf, {
    duration: 0.7,
    y: 150,
    ease: 'power4.inOut',
  });
};

also, the animated div is inside another fixed position div that is shown before the animation and hidden after.

The animation works correctly for just two cycle, it starts hidden, when i click the button it slides up, when i click the close button it slides up, but then it doesnt slide up again;

i think it is something that have to do with y and transformOrigin

this is the div after the first click (it slides up):

<div class="relative  text-sm uppercase  bg-gray-200 h-full p-5 m-2 overflow-hidden " style="height: 100%; opacity: 1; transform-origin: 497.5px 64px; transform: translate(0px, 0px);"><div class="flex"><div class="relative">Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet consectetur adipisicing elit. Quos eum iste temporibus magnam assumenda quas ad dolorum quaerat corrupti et odio vitae iure aspernatur aperiam, deleniti cum! Consequatur, rem quibusdam!</div><div class=""><button>CLOSE</button></div></div></div>

and this is the div after i click close (sliding down)

<div class="relative  text-sm uppercase  bg-gray-200 h-full p-5 m-2 overflow-hidden " style="height: 100%; opacity: 1; transform-origin: 497.5px 64px; transform: translate(0px, 150px);"><div class="flex"><div class="relative">Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet consectetur adipisicing elit. Quos eum iste temporibus magnam assumenda quas ad dolorum quaerat corrupti et odio vitae iure aspernatur aperiam, deleniti cum! Consequatur, rem quibusdam!</div><div class=""><button>CLOSE</button></div></div></div>

then clicking again to show, i see that translate changes, but the revert to 0,150 and the div stays hidden

any suggestion?

33 minutes ago, ZachSaucier said:

Thank you!

i will try to make a codepen, extracting the part i need only

Hey popland and welcome to the GreenSock forums.

Can you please create a minimal demo of the issue using something like CodePen or CodeSandbox for us to take a look at? That will help us help you:

I played with it a bit and have it to work, but i dont know if this is the exact method,

since the footer is absolute position i thought it would need a both "from" and a "to" animation, but even if it works, im not still sure i coded it the right way

I see.

Some thoughts:

• You don't need the css object wrapper in your tweens. GSAP automatically detects which properties are CSS ones. 
  • It's often best to set up animations beforehand and use control methods inside of your event listeners to control them like this article about animating efficiently covers. 
  • Using a timeline would perhaps be helpful. That also would allow you to use defaults. Both are talked about in the article linked to above.

I can't comment much about your React setup as I haven't used React much.