Search Community

why the text quiver in my animation?

Leemoon test
Moderator Tag

That's because of the way some browsers "optimize" rendering (ha) by snapping to pixels in some scenarios. It's really annoying, and various browsers have been known to just suddenly change the way their algorithms work. Chrome is the worst offender in my experience. 

You can solve this by adding will-change: transform on the element BUT that means the browser will basically take a screenshot of the element (rasterize it) at the starting scale, so if you scale UP (like in your demo), you'll notice that it becomes pixelated. Again, none of this has anything to do with GSAP - it's a browser rendering thing. So a solution to the pixelizing is to make sure that you build things so that you're scaling up to 1 (so make your stuff bigger, and start with it at a small scale so that visually you get the same effect but without the pixelizing). 

• Like 2

The difference is that there's a "perspective" CSS property set on the container element (and a transform) which essentially makes the browser do a similar thing as what I suggested with will-change: transform (it forces a rasterization at the initial size). This is all about how the browser itself chooses to render things in various scenarios. There are pros and cons to each, of course. 

• Like 1