Search Community

Unable to eliminate element flashes

PG1 test
Moderator Tag

Hi, 

Im struggling to eliminate flashes on the up and down buttons, as well as the button selectors on the far left of the page. It's specifically in the out animation I use when clicking the up or down button. The up and down buttons animate as expected, then seem to very briefly re-appear towards the end of the timeline. 

The selector dots on the left disappear immediately, and then the animation occurs later in the timeline, thus causing them to reappear and animate out. 

I'm trying to debug by adding ids on the dev tools, but it isn't picking them up, perhaps because they aren't the initial animations?

Any help greatly appreciated. This pen has ended up taking forever!

Cheers,

Pete

See the Pen deba957cc21d97a7693a6c442d50762f by petegarvin1 (@petegarvin1) on CodePen

Hey PG1 and welcome to the GreenSock forums.

You've got a lot of code there. Unfortunately I don't think we have the time to filter through all of it to find the issue but it's almost certainly a logical issue. Have you already read through the common GSAP mistakes article?

If you still can't get it working please try to strip out all of the irrelevant parts of your demo so that we can focus on the issue at hand. The "fork" button is good for making copies of different versions.