Search Community

LoaderMax Beta: CSS files

gareth test
Moderator Tag

Hi,

I have converted my project to use LoaderMax, it is working perfectly and has greatly simplified my code, superb work jack! I have not come across any bugs so far, but I do have a small suggestion; It would be very useful if you could load a CSS file like you would any other assets (image,swf, xml etc).

thanks.

Gareth

Thank you Jack! this looks awesome. I am however having trouble working with the stylesheet once it is loaded.

Here is my loading call append:

loadingQueue.append(new CSSLoader("css/summary.css",{name:"summaryCSS"}));

and in my loadComplete function I assign it it to publicly defined stylesheet

sumCSS = LoaderMax.getContent("summaryCSS")

I then pass sumCSS to another Class, but the stylesheet does not get applied, am I doing something stupid?

thanks,

Gareth

• 10 months later...

How do I create a CSS conditional statement for IE with this problem? I was told that I need to put up a CSS conditional statement. My web page is used to publish a large text that goes from top to bottom (like a newspaper's website). The problem is that when I view it in IE, the text just fades away somewhere in the middle, so only a half of the text is shown, in fact. You can still see the bottom portion of the page design, just not the remaining of the text itself. Thank you all very much!

yahoo keyword tool ~ overture ~ traffic estimator ~ adwords traffic estimator

Hi Maggiee,

It seems you may get a better response if you post in a forum relating to CSS. This thread deals specifically with loading a css file into flash. IE conditional statements are not at all related to this discussion.