Search Community

Text animation with TimelineMax?

Soelen test
Moderator Tag

Hello there tween community, just asking about how to animate textfields, or something with text in it...

for example, I tried the following example which is available on the TimeliteMax website:

http://www.greensock.com/as/swf/TimelineMax_Demo.swf

I also tried to find some information about that in the forum, with no success D:

In addition, I found out that import com.greensock.easing.*; is missing in this demo. : P

regards

soelen

Apologizes, indeed there's several tweens in this demo. I want the same effect like on the tween which is used on the sentence "Who's the boss of your tweens?".

I tried to create the same effect, sadly I have no clue how to do it.

I made for example a dynamic text field, as a result I got an error message that it cant convert cause I need an Array for it but how am I suppose to insert it in a textfield later? Or maybe I dont need a textfield anyway?

I'm confused D:

That's why I posted the link to SplitTextField - it splits TextFields apart so it's much easier to animate. But you can do it manually in the Flash IDE. You'd have to highlight the TextField, hit CTRL-B to break it part and then select each resulting TextField and give it an instance name so that you can create an array like letters:Array = [tf1, tf2, tf3, tf4] and then feed that to a TweenMax.allTo() or TweenMax.allFrom().

• 2 weeks later...

greensock.png

Apologizes for the late answer dear greensock, I really didn't ment to be rude! Thanks for your caring on the forum, working with your tweenlite & co classes makes much more fun! This image shall symbolize how much I appreciate your work, and your help.

For now I just started a company, and right now I am not able to get a commercial license for SplitTextField but as soon as there is enough work/clients and stuff, the license will be the next step of course : )