Search Community

GSAP animation does not work on iOS operating system

31its test
Moderator Tag

On the WordPress website I made GSAP animation on the home page Works on all operating systems except ios,

I try on this same animation in codeigniter Then this animation is working on iOS

Does gsap animation need any plugin to work in iOS?

This is the animation I put in codeigniter. It works on all operating systems.please check the link

https://dileep.31its.com/thdg1/

This is an animation that I built in WordPress

https://thdg.in/

Built on WordPress works on almost all operating systems except iOS

I think this is the 3rd time you've asked exactly the same question and we have answered each time similarly.

Unfortunately we can't troubleshoot a live site with thousands of lines of code - if you want help, please provide a reduced test case in something like CodePen and we would be happy to take a peek. I suspect the problem is unrelated to GSAP. 

I noticed, for example, that you're getting the children() of a node and then trying to call filter() on that but are you sure that's valid? According to MDN, children() returns an HTMLCollection which is Array-like, but it is NOT an Array. Some browsers treat that differently and include other Array-like functions but perhaps the iOS device you're testing on does not support filter() on an HTMLCollection. I'm only guessing here - I'm not saying it's the main issue. But again, we cannot sift through thousands of lines of code in a live site and find the problems for you. If you think it's a GSAP-related problem, we'll need you to provide a reduced test case that only has the bare essential code to reproduce the problem. 

Good luck. 

• Like 1

Yes the entire point I was trying to make is that your reduced test case shouldn't be anywhere near 12,000 lines of code! That's waaaaaay too much. Maybe just try one element and see if a simple animation on that works for you. 

When you run into a problem in a project, it's always a good idea to strip it down to the bare essentials and the build it up, slowly adding complexity back until it breaks. That way, you'll know exactly where the problem is. 

Did you read the rest of my message about your use of filter() on an HTMLCollection object? Perhaps that's the problem.

I do NOT think the problem you're experiencing has anything to do with GSAP. I suspect it's a flaw in your code (like the filter()). 

• Like 2

I also saw that you have a JavaScript-based media query that only runs the animation when the screen is beyond a certain size. Maybe your iOS device is just smaller than that threshold you set, meaning the animation code wasn't executed at all (again, because of a logic error in your code but it's very difficult to troubleshoot when there's 12,000+ lines of code to parse through). 

• Like 4