Search Community

Full-height stuttering (bug?)

aaronLejeune test
Moderator Tag

Hi all!

(I am using Vue with Nuxt and Scrollmagic)

I'm new to the whole GSAP animation library, but I am quite familiar with Vue, JS, ... I'm having a problem I can't wrap my head around. I am making a website with the scrollmagic.js library and everything worked fine, until now (ofcourse ;). The problem occurs when I just want to scroll. When I do a 'long' scrollmotion with my mouse cursor, everything works as expected. When I want to do a 'short' scroll, the scrollbar in the browser becomes the full-height of the page and I can't scroll down. It's sound ridicules, but ill provide u with a video :)

Please notice: When my mouse is in the navigation component (Vue), everything works fine! When I enter the 'main' component, the scrollmotion start bugging...

https://youtu.be/ZdMN889Upc8

Anyone might have an idea what causes this bug? I am thinking scrollmagic so that's why I posted here ;)

ps: It's a large project so I'm not making a codepen YET 

Thanks in advance!

10 minutes ago, aaronLejeune said:

I am thinking scrollmagic so that's why I posted here ;)

ScrollMagic isn't a gsap product.

11 minutes ago, aaronLejeune said:

When my mouse is in the navigation component (Vue), everything works fine! When I enter the 'main' component, the scrollmotion start bugging...

Sounds like you might have multiple scrollable containers. Have you tried viewing your project in Windows? You should be able to see all the scrollbars.

• Like 2

Thanks for the quick reply!

Indeed! Like you said, I have multiple scrollable containers. 

As Vue-scrollmagic said: " Container is always a window." so it turned out that my navigation and footer component caused the browser to think they were components. Thanks for analysing the problem! If I find a solution, ill post it here ;)