Search Community

Plugin usage for client

marcusk test
Moderator Tag

I had a question about plugin license usage.  The company I work for has a Club Membership with access to plugins like DrawSVG.  The work that I do requires this plugin, but when I pass my work off to clients, they also need that plugin to view it (I assume).  We are not the ones hosting the animation.  My question is, is it ok to provide the plugin as a file along with the html and/or inline the plugin inside the HTML?

Hey Marcus. 

9 minutes ago, marcusk said:

is it ok to provide the plugin as a file along with the html and/or inline the plugin inside the HTML?

Sure! Feel free to use it however you'd like (though we do ask that you not include Club GreenSock files in publicly shared repositories/directories outside of your/your client websites. For example, please don't put the Club plugins on GitHub or something like that.).

However, if your client needs to edit the GSAP-related code themselves after you've given the code to them, then they would need their own Club GreenSock membership. Otherwise it'd be easy to circumvent our licensing by starting a project with someone and then editing the code afterwards. Does that make sense?

• Like 1