Search Community

TweenMax for slithering animation?

mindspaced test
Moderator Tag

Hi all,

I've been scouring the web for code samples of ribbons (of which there are plenty), but haven't found what I'm looking for. Basically, I'd like to animate a shape along a bezier path, so that it flows like a slithering snake. Anyone seen/done anything like that?

I'm thinking I can use the bezierThrough and possibly orientToBezier to help, but that only gets me part of the way there. Other suggestions?

Thanks!

I don't quite understand what you're after - do you want to distort your shape as it animates, as though every pixel is getting "bent" and contorted as it moves? If you're trying to move something along a bezier, then yeah, bezier or bezierThrough should work fine. But if you're wanting to stretch/bend/twist pixels as it goes, that's a much more complex task that would most likely require BitmapData manipulation.

I don't quite understand what you're after - do you want to distort your shape as it animates, as though every pixel is getting "bent" and contorted as it moves? If you're trying to move something along a bezier, then yeah, bezier or bezierThrough should work fine. But if you're wanting to stretch/bend/twist pixels as it goes, that's a much more complex task that would most likely require BitmapData manipulation.

I'm looking to distort the object as it moves. Delving into the source code of similar effects is a rabbit hole. Fingers crossed that I'll come out the other side. Thanks for the quick response.

If anyone has seen this kind of effect and/or how to accomplish it, please let me know. Thanks!