Search Community

Delay issue in Safari and Firefox but it smooth in Chrome

Tezah Zulueta test
Moderator Tag

Hi @Tezah Zulueta and welcome to the GreenSock forums.

Sure you can execute GSAP code based upon browser, the same as any other instance of doing so through browser detection. But I think we instead need to get to the bottom of why your graph is perceivably not performing well in those browsers.

I see you've made another thread, for future reference its best to contain the issue within a singualr thread. 😉

• Like 1

Hi @Tezah Zulueta again welcome to the GreenSock forums.

I saw your other thread, thanks for providing the Codepen in this thread. That always helps with troubleshooting especially when you can dwindle it down to only the essentials of the potential problem so staff does not need to sort through irrelevant code, please keep that in mind in the future.

• What Operating System are you on?
  • What exactly is the issue you are seeing?

I tried with the latest Firefox on OS X are you talking about when you press the button and the graph lines fan out but the graph data seems delay behind. I do see that between Chrome and Firefox. Or are you speaking of something else?

As stated in your other thread staff will certainly want to get to the bottom of any perceivable issues across browsers.

Hi @Shrug ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, yes sorry I didn't attach the codepen earlier and new on creating topics here. Thank you. I've change a couple of codes earlier it help fix the delay with Safari and Firefox but now Chrome gets buggy. Here's the code I change

tlLinesDotsMaster

.add("play-all")
.to(
".all-starts-here", {
autoAlpha: 0,
display: "none",
duration: 0.5,
ease: "ease"
},
"play-all"
)
.to(
"#graph-narrow", {
duration: 0.7,
morphSVG: "#graph-wide"
},
"play-all"
)
.add(tlDots, "play-all")
.add(tlLines, "play-all", 0);

1 hour ago, Tezah Zulueta said:

I've change a couple of codes earlier it help fix the delay with Safari and Firefox but now Chrome gets buggy.

I may have caught that before you made further changes (I think) and the result remained the same for me as it was originally.

It's best to fork your Codepen with any changes so others (and you) can progressively see the changes and follow along. Also please try removing all unrelated HTML/CSS/JS to get it down to the least common denominator showing the issue as talked about below.

This way its easier for you and others to troubleshoot without sifting through all the unrelated items.

• Like 3