Search Community

MotionBlur issue

myFlashBlog test
Moderator Tag

I'm having an issue when I use the motionBlur plugin my movie clip will disappear once the animation completes. Here's my code:

//REPOSITION THUMBNAILS
TweenMax.to(fisk, .3, {x:18, y:134, scaleX:0.75, scaleY:0.75, motionBlur:true});
TweenMax.to(cavitt, .3, {delay:.4, x:18, y:226, scaleX:0.75, scaleY:0.75, motionBlur:true});
TweenMax.to(johnson, .3, {delay:.2, x:18, y:319, scaleX:0.75, scaleY:0.75, motionBlur:true});
TweenMax.to(barnes, .3, {delay:.1, x:18, y:411, scaleX:0.75, scaleY:0.75, motionBlur:true});

And this only happens with the first movie clip (fisk). If I remove the first motion blur it won't disappear. I searched through the forum and saw that this was a bug from a few years ago.

I've tried downloading the latest versions (which I already had), adding alpha:1 to the code, and deleting my ASO files, but still every time my movie clip disappears. And I'm not using any masks.

I've also noticed that the fisk movie clip rotates slightly, even though I'm not coding for a rotate.

Does anybody have some insight to what might be happening?

Thanks in advance.

-Randy

Well, it appears the issue had to something to do with my roll out animation. Each of my movie clips were buttons and they had roll over and roll out animations using TweenMax:

function fiskOver(Event:MouseEvent):void
{
TweenMax.to(fisk, .3, {colorTransform:{tint:0x000000, tintAmount:0.2, exposure:2, brightness:1}});
}

function fiskOut(Event:MouseEvent):void
{
TweenMax.to(fisk, .5, {colorTransform:{tint:0x000000, tintAmount:0.0, exposure:0, brightness:0}});
}

For whatever reason the colorTransform plugin was freaking out the motion blur plug in.

I'm changing the roll over and roll out animations so it's no longer an issue for me now. Hopefully someone will find this useful.

Hmm, I just tested that theory and colorTransform works fine for me even when used on an object that has another motionBlur tween applied to it. Could you please post an example FLA that demonstrates the issue so I could poke around and see what's going on for myself? No need to include the GreenSock code - just a simple FLA would be super. (don't forget to zip your file before posting)