Search Community

Liquidstage and Tweens [SOLVED]

LynnB test
Moderator Tag

I'm using LS to display my objects. That works fine for some of my objects except for my tweens. They don't start or end where I position them. When I use Test Movie in Flash it's all perfect but when I set up my .swf in html the tweens are all out of their start and end positions. This is driving me batty trying to figure where to look to get those tweens to be where I position them both at their start and end positions. Any ideas?

Thank you!

Could you post a simple example FLA & html that demonstrate the issue? It doesn't need to be your production file(s) - just the simplest demo you can whip together (don't forget to zip your files before posting). Also, you're not setting the "reconcile" parameter to false when you attach() your objects, are you?

Thank you, Jack, Here is my fla. I'm using, this.stage.align = StageAlign.TOP_LEFT;

When I use it my text tween doesn't layout properly but my dropdown menu does. When I take it out the text tween works correctly but my dropdown menu doesn't.

Like I said it all works fine when I "Test Movie" in Flash but messes up in browsers.

I know it's something I'm doing wrong but I can't figure it out.

TweenMax is doing its job correctly in terms of going to the coordinates you defined, but you're trying to tween it to a position that's changing (pinned to the center). Don't fret - I'm whipping together a plugin for you that should make it relatively easy to have the tween dynamically update on the fly based on a particular PinPoint's position. Stand by for that...

Okay, I just posted a new LiquidPositionPlugin in the bonus downloads for "Shockingly Green" and corporate members (log into your account at https://www.greensock.com/account/ to get it). And I attached the revised FLA that shows you how it works (there's ASDocs in the source too). Basically, here's how it looks:

OLD (doesn't dynamically update):

TweenMax.to(thistext, 2, {delay:2, x:373, y:341, alpha:1});

NEW (dynamically updates):

TweenMax.to(thistext, 2, {delay:2, liquidPosition:{x:373, y:341, pin:ls.CENTER}, alpha:1});

I'd love to hear if it works well for you. Since it's brand-spanking new, it may need a little tweaking but it seemed to work well for me. If you have any suggestions for improvements, I'm all ears.