Search Community

TimeLineMax with TweenMax

MrDevinB test
Moderator Tag

I am having some problems using TimeLineMax together with TweenMax. I just don't think that what I am trying to do is supported.

I am trying to using TweenMax.allTo within a TimeLineMax append. I want an array of items to move together. Here is a sample of what I have. I am a Really Green Member.

import com.greensock.plugins.*;

import fl.transitions.*;

import fl.transitions.easing.*;

import flash.geom.Point;

TweenPlugin.activate([TransformAroundPointPlugin]);

var trianlge_array:Array = [green_triangle,green_txt_mask,blue_triangle,blue_txt_mask];

var myTimeLine:TimelineMax = new TimelineMax();

myTimeLine.append(TweenMax.allTo(trianlge_array, 1, {transformAroundPoint:{point:new Point(-420,2090), rotation:50},ease:Linear.easeNone}));

I keep getting this error.

1067: Implicit coercion of a value of type Array to an unrelated type com.greensock.core:TweenCore.

You're going to want to use appendMultiple which accepts an array, so your code would look like:

import com.greensock.plugins.*;
import fl.transitions.*;
import fl.transitions.easing.*;
import flash.geom.Point;

TweenPlugin.activate([TransformAroundPointPlugin]);

var trianlge_array:Array = [green_triangle,green_txt_mask,blue_triangle,blue_txt_mask];
var myTimeLine:TimelineMax = new TimelineMax();

myTimeLine.appendMultiple([TweenMax.allTo(trianlge_array, 1, {transformAroundPoint:{point:new Point(-420,2090), rotation:50},ease:Linear.easeNone})]);

Ok I got that going, but is there a way to use appendMultiple to add several TweenMax.allTo? Like this.

myTimeLine.appendMultiple([TweenMax.allTo(trianlge_array, 1, {transformAroundPoint:{point:new Point(-420,2090), rotation:50},ease:Linear.easeNone}),

TweenMax.allTo(blue_array, 1, {transformAroundPoint:{point:new Point(-420,2090), rotation:50},ease:Linear.easeNone})]);

Thanks

Devin

The problem with your code is that you'd end up passing an array of arrays which won't work. You could, however, use array's concat() method to combine the results of the allTo() calls, like:

myTimeLine.appendMultiple(TweenMax.allTo(trianlge_array, 1, {transformAroundPoint:{point:new Point(-420,2090), rotation:50},ease:Linear.easeNone}).concat(TweenMax.allTo(blue_array, 1, {transformAroundPoint:{point:new Point(-420,2090), rotation:50},ease:Linear.easeNone})) );