Search Community

timeline replay issue

evilSpookie878 test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hi guys.  
I'm new to gsap as well as javascript.

I am trying to make 'when user switch to another tab, the timeline effect will replay',but now got kind of stuck..

the effect will show at first, but when I switch to another tab, it won't display.
By the way,I use bootstrap 3.37 for framework.

Here's the codepen

See the Pen GbJYza by UHU (@UHU) on CodePen

I'm not sure I understand your question - when you say "switch to another tab" do you mean the circles, part1, part2, and part3? Or do you literally mean another tab of the browser? 

I definitely see a problem in your code: 

tweenLi[i].addEventListener('click',tweenAni());

When you put "()" after the function reference, it tells the browser to call that function immediately, so you're putting the RESULT of that function (whatever is returned) as the event listener which I'm sure isn't what you meant to do. Your tweenAni() function doesn't even return anything. It just creates and executes a timeline immediately. 

If your goal was to call tweenAni() whenever someone clicks on one of the elements in the tweenLi[] list, remove the "()" so you're just passing the function reference in. But again, I'm not really sure what you're trying to accomplish so that may not solve all the problems. 

• Like 2