Search Community

Advanced parallax question

gregoryalexander77 test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

On the 2nd screen of my first greensock site (gregoryalexander.com)- I created a vector image and broke it down into 6 layers to create a parallax effect- also commonly known as the firewatch parallax effect. I created vector image of the Delicate Arch in Utah, it works really well on both motile and on desktop. However, can I take this even further? I want to know if I can animate the upper two birds about every 10 seconds or so? Is there a delayed animation mechanism that I could use within two different greenscock themes? In the current site, I have the delicate arch scene embedded into a parent scene. My goal is to somehow to keep on creating interest the longer that they look at it, and do something kind of unexpected. I am an amatuer here, but I have designed and developed websites for over 23 years, and have a degree in computer graphics and animation 25 years ago. 

See the Pen by (@) on CodePen