Search Community

Targeting a Movie Clip [SOLVED]

CantinaDan test
Moderator Tag

Hi. I'd like to be able to target a series of movieclips based on the name of the clip that was clicked. I tried this but it didn't work:

TweenLite.to(e.currentTarget.name + "Arrow", .3, {x:1200});

When I trace e.currentTarget.name + "Arrow" I get the appropriate name string.

Here is the output error:

ReferenceError: Error #1069: Property x not found on String and there is no default value.

On an unrelated note: I've just used TimeLineLite for the first real time. OMG - it rocks hard! So many times I'd program a complex series of tweens only to have someone want to change an early timing issue. I'd then have to laboriously recalculate all my delays. THANK YOU!

ReferenceError: Error #1069: Property x not found on String and there is no default value.

The problem is that you're trying to tween a literal String, not the object. All you need to do is wrap it in this[] and you should be fine:

TweenLite.to(this[e.currentTarget.name + "Arrow"], .3, {x:1200});

I've just used TimeLineLite for the first real time. OMG - it rocks hard! So many times I'd program a complex series of tweens only to have someone want to change an early timing issue. I'd then have to laboriously recalculate all my delays. THANK YOU!

Ha ha - glad to hear you're enjoying it. Yeah, once you get the hang of what it can do, it can be pretty exciting. You saw the video at http://blog.greensock.com/timeline-basics/ right?

Have fun.