Search Community

Timeline Alpha? [SOLVED]

ej23 test
Moderator Tag

Uh, maybe this is really simple. but is there a way to change the alpha of a Timeline?

Like if a function runs, can I change a Timeline's alpha?

I looked around but could not seem to find the answer.

Thanks For Any Help.

Thanks for the response.

What I mean by Timeline Alpha, is all the Move Clips that are contained in the timeline. Can their alpha be changed ?

Here is the code for my timeline:

var TheMainElements:TimelineMax = new TimelineMax({delay:.10, repeat:-1, yoyo:false});

TheMainElements.insert( new TweenMax (thefront, 1,{width:377.20,height:358.3,  alpha:1, ease:Circ.easeOut, delay:.25}));

TheMainElements.insert( new TweenMax (thefront, .35,{width:5,height:5, x:100, rotation:-90, alpha:0, ease:Circ.easeOut, delay:5}));

TheMainElements.insert( new TweenMax (thefront, .25,{width:0,height:0, alpha:0, rotation:0, ease:Circ.easeOut, delay:6}));

TheMainElements.insert( new TweenMax (theback, 1,{width:377.20,height:358.3,alpha:1, rotation:0, ease:Sine.easeOut,delay:5.25}));

TheMainElements.insert( new TweenMax (theback, .35,{width:5,height:5,alpha:0, x:600, y:300, rotation:90,  ease:Sine.easeOut,delay:10}));

TheMainElements.insert( new TweenMax (theback, .25,{width:0,height:0,alpha:0, rotation:0, ease:Sine.easeOut,delay:11}));

TheMainElements.insert( new TweenMax (theoriginal, 1,{width:320,height:349,alpha:1, rotation:0, ease:Sine.easeOut,delay:11.25}));

TheMainElements.insert( new TweenMax (theoriginal, .35,{width:10,height:10,alpha:0, x:650, y:100, rotation:-100, ease:Sine.easeOut,delay:16}));

TheMainElements.insert( new TweenMax (theoriginal, .25,{width:0,height:0,alpha:0, rotation:0, ease:Sine.easeOut,delay:16.05}));

As you can see, the time line is pretty basic.

What I'd like to do, is to to change the alpha of all the elements in the timeline, when a function is executed, without stopping the timeline.

I know I can pause and resume, etc. etc. etc., but is there a alpha control?

Thanks Again for the help. Very much appreciated.

Why not just put them all in a container MovieClip and tween the alpha of that container? That'd have the same effect but would be much easier to manage and less processor-intensive. Alternatively, you could loop through the children of the MovieClip, and either create a tween for each one or dump them into an Array and use TweenMax.allTo() to make them all go to a certain alpha level.