Search Community

Can't activate MotionBlur Plugin in AS2 [SOLVED]

myFlashBlog test
Moderator Tag

Hi, Jack. I'm running into an issue I'm not able to resolve. And of course, it's time sensitive and my project deadline is fast approaching.

I'm building some Flash Banners and originally built them in Action Script 3 and was using the MotionBlur plugin. Everything worked great. Now the client tells me they require the banners to be programmed in ActionScript 2 (not version 3, as originally spec'd).

My problem is that I can't get the MotionBlur plugin to activate. Attached is a screen grab of my compiler errors.

I've commented out all of my code and have confirmed my import statements work (they do). However whenever I try to activate the MotionBlur plugin, or any plugin I get errors.

I'm using this line of code to activate: TweenPlugin.activate([MotionBlurPlugin]);

I've deleted my ASO file's, rebooted, everything I can think of, but still I get compiler errors.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

-Randy

Okay, I just figured it out (that was quick).

It appears I can't use a plugin and publish in Flash version 7. Version 8 seems to work.

I think I can talk my client into using version 8, especially since they love the cool Motion Blur.

Thanks anyway,

-Randy