Search Community

TweenMaxVars startAt typecasting bug?

caseyk test
Moderator Tag

A possible exists in TweenMaxVars line 62:

public var startAt:TweenLiteVars;

The documentation specifies that this property accepts Object types and the example uses short object notation. However, since the property requires type TweenLiteVars, this usage is not possible: 1118: Implicit coercion of a value with static type Object to a possibly unrelated type com.greensock.data:TweenLiteVars.

If it's the case that this property must use TweenXVars, and the docs are just out of sync, then nevermind!

Thanks for a great Tweening platform!

--C

Nope, it's not a typo. Anyone who is using TweenMaxVars must be concerned about strict data types and/or code hinting, so the startAt should be a TweenLiteVars object (it doesn't need to be TweenMaxVars because a TweenMaxVars extends TweenLiteVars). It sounds like you're getting the error because you're trying to use a generic object instead of a TweenLiteVars object for startAt which defeats the purpose of using the class in the first place :) See what I mean? Or did I misunderstand your question?

Ok, that makes perfect sense. I was confused because the documentation reads:

Simply pass an object in with whatever properties you'd liketo set just before the tween begins. For example, if mc.x is currently 100, and you'd like to tween it from 0 to 500, do TweenMax.to(mc, 2, {x:500, startAt:{x:0}});

But I think this is just a carryover from the regular startAt property (not the TweenMaxVars property).

Thanks!