Search Community

Bezier autoRotate is driving me up the wall

Cutty Bang test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hello,

I am tweening an image using a bezier curve and autoRotate. 

The tween in fine, the bezier path looks fine, and it’s autoRotating how it’s supposed to, except:

Upon init, the image is ‘pre rotated’ by 45deg, and does all auto rotation relative to this initial rotation. 

Ive tried everything I can think of. Forcing a compensating counter rotation via CSS transform, using TweenMax.set() with the initial values, setting it on the TweenMax.to() call that contains the bezier, setting it in the first x,y coords of the path array, and a combination of all of those. Nothing is working. If I take off the auto rotate, it just does the tween without auto rotating but still turned 45 deg, if I use the offset array set to 0, it just stays at a zero rotation and does the tween, if I try to set it in CSS, it flips it around 45deg in the opposite direction and does the tween from there. 

what is going on? What am I missing?