Search Community

lettersArray

vdheyning test
Moderator Tag

import com.greensock.*;

var timeline:TimelineMax = new TimelineMax({repeat:3, yoyo:true, repeatDelay:1.5});

timeline.append( TweenLite.from(blackBar, 0.8, {x:550}) );

timeline.insertMultiple( TweenMax.allFrom([logo, timelineWord, maxWord, byGreenSock], 0.5, {autoAlpha:0}, 0.25), 0.6);

timeline.insertMultiple( TweenMax.allFrom(lettersArray, 1, {y:"-30", alpha:0, ease:Elastic.easeOut}, 0.04), 1.4);

Dear Mr Greensock,

Having watched your video things did indeed become a lot clearer, but I'd like you to shed some light on the lettersArray in this example, could you give me the code that defines the array, or an fla example that uses exactly that code?

Thanks, Fam

thanks for the link to the splitTextField, yet again I could have saved myself a lot of time if I had asked you first!

here's where you're loosing me: populate the array yourself. Make sense?

here's what I'm trying to achieve, after a bunch of mc are nicely alpha-ing in, I would like them to all alpha out again at once...I can just append and use a negative number but I'm sure there's an easier way to do this, can I make an array? Is it called something else?

Am I being clear? Most likely not, but living in hope!

Thanks!

fam

Again thank you for your help, however, the TweenLite does not seem to work in the series of appends...

see attached, I commented the first one out as I could add the mc to the array, but I don't quite know what to do with the next one...

Any ideas? Thanks, Fam

• 3 weeks later...

Hallo, here again a beginner ask boring question!! The smaple "Betlem_Banner4.fla" doent run. I got a message "Unexpected file format"!??

But i have the same problem. I try:

//var lettersArray:Array = ["a", "b", "c", "d", "e", "f", "g"];

//var txt:String = "That is a test of tweening";

//var lettersArray:Array = txt.split("");

//var lettersArray:Array = new Array( );

//lettersArray.push("a", "b", "c", "d");

var lettersArray:Array=[mc1,mc2,mc3];

Only the last works but not like in the sample in your site. It stay still and jump a little up and down, even there will not include by aplha disapear.

I wonder why no one of the first 3 is working!! What is wrong??

Greetings

Wolfgang

I wonder why no one of the first 3 is working!! What is wrong??

You must tween DisplayObjects on the stage, like TextField instances or MovieClips or Sprites. Your first few examples just created arrays populated with Strings. Strings cannot be seen on the stage.