Search Community

Zooming text effect shakes

sprog test
Moderator Tag

I am trying to make a text effect for a count down animation only the problem I am having at the moment is that the text is shaking during the scale-tween. The objective is too have one of those common text effects where the text grows bigger and smaller again and then with a delay two shadow (with a lower alpha) start and disappear out of the screen because of the bigger scale value. Only the scaling tween keeps shaking a bit. How can I solve this?

Basically I have the following code for the animation after I generated the text field:

// initialize
           if ( _timeline == null ) {
               _timeline = new TimelineLite({onComplete:animationFinished, paused:true});
               _timeline.prependMultiple([
                       new TweenLite( _mainTextField, 0.4, {transformAroundCenter:{scaleX:2.1, scaleY:2.1}, ease:Linear.easeNone} ),
                       new TweenLite( _mainTextField, 1.0, {transformAroundCenter:{scaleX:2, scaleY:2}, delay: 0.4, ease:Linear.easeNone} ),
                       new TweenLite( _shadowTextField1, 0.4, {transformAroundCenter:{scaleX:2.75, scaleY:2.75, alpha:0}, delay: 0.4, ease:Linear.easeNone} ),
                       new TweenLite( _shadowTextField2, 0.4, {transformAroundCenter:{scaleX:3.3, scaleY:3.3, alpha:0}, delay: 0.5, ease:Linear.easeNone} ),
                       new TweenLite( _mainTextField, 0.2, {transformAroundCenter:{scaleX:0, scaleY:0, alpha:0}, delay:2.4, ease:Linear.easeNone} ),
                   ]);
           }

_timeline.play();

I think it's some really stupid issue but I can't see it anymore after a week of 15 hour work days.

What type of anti-aliasing are you using on the TextField? If it's not "anti-alias for animation", that could be your problem. And if you have any filters applied to the TextField (or container), that forces cacheAsBitmap to true which means it will only render it on whole pixels (no subpixel interpolation) which can make it appear a bit shaky. I'd be willing to bet it's one of those issues. Neither has anything to do with the tweening engine :)

I am using this to create the textfield:

private function createTextField(): TextField {
           var result: TextField = new TextField();
           result.autoSize = TextFieldAutoSize.LEFT;
           result.selectable = false;
           result.border = false;
           result.antiAliasType = AntiAliasType.ADVANCED;
           result.gridFitType = GridFitType.SUBPIXEL;
//            result.embedFonts = true;
           result.wordWrap = false;
           result.multiline = true;
           return result;
       }

3 thoughts:

1) You didn't mention whether or not the TextField or its parent had any filters applied. This could be the problem.

2) You are using advanced anti-aliasing which means it's NOT anti-aliased for animation.

3) Just because you set embedFonts = true doesn't mean the fonts are properly embedded in the swf. Have you made sure the font is actually embedded and available in the swf?