Search Community

ScrollMagic and ScrollToPlugin

Catalin R. test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hi everyone,
I have an issue in ScrollMagic.
I'm interesting in to find if somebody discovered the same issue.

I want to have the same effect on scroll like on the link below.

See the last codepen on this link: 

The plugin reacts instantly on window, on scroll, but on a container has a delay of ~0.5s, only on Internet Explorer.
Can anybody explain this?

I'm not sure I understand the problem however...

If you mean this pen, there is a 0.5s delay on the text animation. If that's what you're refering to, remove it and it will fire at the same time as the silde animation.

Though I think you may mean something else as this has nothing specifically to do with IE.

See the Pen NywvGp by Visual-Q (@Visual-Q) on CodePen

• Like 2

On 2/27/2018 at 11:52 PM, Visual-Q said:

I'm not sure I understand the problem however...

If you mean this pen, there is a 0.5s delay on the text animation. If that's what you're refering to, remove it and it will fire at the same time as the silde animation.

Though I think you may mean something else as this has nothing specifically to do with IE.

It's not about text animation. The next section starts with some delay on scroll.

See the Pen NywvGp by Visual-Q (@Visual-Q) on CodePen

Unfortunately I don't have a windows box to test it on at the moment. I think I saw you had posted on the scrollMajic forum. You might want to fork the pen and add it to your post so people understand the problem.

There is a small offset on the trigger to prevent it from being hypersensitive, possibly IE is interpreting this differently from other browsers you could try playing with that number. 

• Like 1