Search Community

Why is my code failing to animate?

Scarybelles test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Greetings, friends:

I am a newb to Greensock and, for the life of me, I can't successfully animate a piece of an svg image. I've included a link to the codepen I'm working from, if you are interested. Basically, I thought I'd try to get the word 'they' to do something, and I'm failing somehow.

var they = document.getElementById('they')

TweenMax.from(they, 10, {width:300, height:600})

This is the code I'm using to target and animate the word 'they'. In the html portion of the code, it's a path with a lot of different coordinates, but to show that I'm targeting it with an id of 'they', here goes... (didn't include the whole path because it's long)

<path id="they" d="m116.901,428.332c-2.841,1.086 -5.442,2.195...

Why is the code doing nothing? Don't necessarily need it to look good, just want it to do something. What's wrong? No errors are showing in the console. I believe that I did successfully plug in the library via the settings.

See the Pen gvvPxb by kscarabello (@kscarabello) on CodePen