Search Community

Is this doable with Greensock?

Grant Senior test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hello,

I've been asked to copy the type of animated effect happening to the type on this site http://www.laurelhalo.com/

On hovering over the words some intersting animation affects take place on a word level and on a character level.  From my inspection of the code there's reference to splittext.min.js and from what I can see of the html, each character is wrapped in a div.  Can any body tell me please, are these clues suggesting it's been done with Greensock? If  not, can Greensock do this? If yes, awesome, I am in the right place.

Cheers

Grant

Indeed, Grant, you've come to the right place. Welcome. Stick around and I think you'll really enjoy these forums and the tools. I'm pretty sure they're exactly what you're looking for. 

@Visual-Q already gave you the most important link (to SplitText), and here are a few others you might enjoy:

Have fun. Tween responsibly. ;)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1