Search Community

Global setting to disable all animations

Doug Coburn test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

We are animating charts with TweenMax (for example, every bar of a bar chart animates to the new position).  There are a few cases where the animations get in the way like testing and taking screenshots.  We have to add sleeps to the selenium driver code for the animation to have time to complete.  We can tell when the page is done rendering but it's harder to tell when all animations have completed.  Also it would be nice to speed up the process when the animations are not necessary.  I could wrap all of the calls to TweenMax and implement the configuration myself, but there are hundreds of them and I was hoping there was a an easier solution.

Ah, ok. That makes more sense now. I'm not sure how to handle future animations, but you can get all the current animations using exportRoot or getAllTweens, and then manipulate them how you want.

And I'm not 100% sure about this as I've never tried it, but try setting the globalTimeScale to a really high number. That should put all the animations in their end state... in theory.

• Like 3