Search Community

Tough to find error (TweenLite.as: 359) [SOLVED]

n00ge test
Moderator Tag

I'm getting an error after upgrading to the new version of TweenLite (using the latest version as of today). The error is:

TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.

at com.greensock::TweenLite/init()[E]

at com.greensock::TweenLite/renderTime()[E]

at com.greensock.core::SimpleTimeline/renderTime()[E]

at com.greensock::TweenLite$/updateAll()[E]

It doesn't show when it happens and I'm running a pretty big app. It's tough to find. I'm hoping that somebody may have some insight on this.

The function on 359 in TweenLite.as is

this.cachedPT1 = new PropTween(this.target, 
											    p, 
											    Number(this.target[p]), // line 359
											    (typeof(this.vars[p]) == "number") ? Number(this.vars[p]) - this.target[p] : Number(this.vars[p]),
											    p,
											    false,
											    this.cachedPT1);

It sounds like it can't access a variable for a property it's tweening or the target itself isn't found?

• 2 months later...

I don't know if you already found your solution, but I still post my foundings for other people with the same problem:

After updating from version 10.xx to 11.133 I got the same message. A whole lot of those actually. The problem was that v10 didn't mention that of a bunch of buttons (named pms0, pms1, pms2, pms3) only the first two had an instance name. version 10 didn't mention anything about it. After putting traces all over the place, I discovered this. So it has got to be something similar like my problem. Good luck!