Search Community

Is TransformAroundCenter Plugin faulty?

bildschirmsport test
Moderator Tag

Hi everyone,

I'm having trouble with the TransformAroundCenter Plugin. I searched the forum but found nothing helpful so far. The Problem I'm experiencing is quite easy to demonstrate:

1) Go to this page: http://blog.greensock.com/tweenmax/

2) Scroll down to the Plugin Explorer

3) Click example next to transformAroundCenter

4) change scaleX and scaleY to 0 and click "TWEEN" - everything works as it should

5) now change scaleX and scaleY back to 1 and click "TWEEN" again - the original registration point changed

As far as I read in the forum this could have to do with the fact that the plugin relies an the getBounds() method. Is this true? Is there any way around this behaviour apart from moving the registration point of my clip and simply use scaleX and scaleY? ;)

Any help or hints appreciated.

Ah yes, I never thought of someone tweening scale all the way to zero and the issues that might create, but I went ahead and figured out a workaround and posted a new version to the same URL that I e-mailed you previously. If you need the URL again, please e-mail or PM me. Thanks for letting me know about this.

• 1 month later...

There does appear to be a bug in the way Flash reports scaleX/scaleY values which affected TransformAroundCenterPlugin but I implemented a workaround and posted a new version this evening. I sent you an e-mail about it. Sorry about the hassle - please let me know if it works well for you now.