Search Community

tween onLoadInit AS2

Tomeo test
Moderator Tag

Alpha doesn't go from 0-100, it emidietly jumps to 100! Can someone tell me what is wrong? Thank you!

var pictureLoader:MovieClipLoader = new MovieClipLoader();

var pictureLoaderListener:Object = new Object();

pictureLoader.addListener(pictureLoaderListener);

pictureLoader.loadClip("mySwf.swf", mcPictureLoader);

pictureLoaderListener.onLoadInit = function(targetPicture:MovieClip):Void {

targetPicture._alpha = 0;

TweenLite.to(targetPicture,.2,{_alpha:100, ease:Quad.easeIn});

};

It's been a while since I worked with AS2 in depth, but have you tried using a trace() to make sure your targetPicture is what you think it is? I also remember there being issues with the onLoadInit getting called before the object was fully instantiated, so the _alpha property might be getting reset a millisecond after you set it to 0. In that case, try adding a slight delay before doing your tween. Or use TweenMax.fromTo() which allows you to set your starting and ending values.

Thank you,... FromTo and Delay is not working either.

I tried this with custom fadeIn - onEnterFrame function and its working OK (alpha 0-100). TweenMax only works for me, when content is already in the browsers cache, or when I preview my swf without "simulate download". Otherwise, it looks like object properties are set to end values, when content is freshly loaded.

My guess, I should start working in AS3 :-)

I'd need to see an FLA that demonstrates the issue. I'm not aware of any problems in TweenLite/Max that could possibly cause this, but maybe you stumbled across something that nobody else did. I'd love to see an example in a super-simple FLA if you could post one. Again, please don't post your whole project - just isolate the issue in a separate, SUPER simple FLA. Don't forget to zip it before posting too. Thanks!

Everything is working OK now.

I just joined the GreenSock Club. It is the least I can do...

Hey, that's great! Thanks so much for the support. You didn't have to join, but I sure hope the membership serves you well and the bonus plugins make your life easier (and a little more fun). Cheers!