Search Community

Using TweenGroup to Bitmap Filter [SOLVED]

soupking test
Moderator Tag

Hi GS,

I know that TweenGroup is deprecated but I'm rebuilding a year-long project from AS2 to AS3 and can't afford to re--code anything with this one.

I'm trying to extract XML thumbnails into a pattern using TweenGroup:

var myGroup:TweenGroup = TweenGroup.allTo(clipArray, 1, {alpha:1, colorMatrixFilter:{brightness:3, saturation:3}});

I'd like to use the colorTransform class but it's not responding.

Is there another way around this or is there something I'm mistyping? I'm kind of rusty with TweenMax.

Thanks for any response.

-m

I must say this up front: Compared to TimelineLite and TimelineMax, TweenGroup looks like a piece of trash (to be blunt). Seriously, they're leaps and bounds better. You'll see immediately once you start using them. http://blog.greensock.com/timelinelite/

That being said, I understand the issues involved with legacy code. Maybe you''ll need to stick with TweenGroup for now. So be it. The new version of TweenMax has the exact same allTo() and allFrom() as TweenGroup did. As far as using the colorTransform class - are you saying you want to use that plugin? In v10, you'd have to activate it. In v11, it's activated by default in TweenMax.

Does that answer your question?

Hi Jack,

Thanks for your understanding. I'm totally going to take advantage of your new blur and gravity engines on this current project I have for sure.

Answer my question...Kind of. So my understanding is that TweenGroup can use ColorTransform classes.

At the top of the page I have:

import gs.*;

import gs.easing.*;

Is that not enough for the old school coding to work?

-soup

TweenGroup can use ColorTransform classes

What exactly do you mean? TweenGroup doesn't tween anything - it's just a tool for managing TweenLite and TweenMax instances (those are the ones that do the actual tweening). And are you talking about the ColorTransformPlugin? Could you show some code using ColorTransform the way you hope?

Kind of, pretty much just the code I mentioned above earlier:

var myGroup:TweenGroup = TweenGroup.allTo(clipArray, 1, {alpha:1, colorMatrixFilter:{brightness:3, saturation:3}});

I'm trying to Brightness/Contrast an array of movie clips in a staggered fashion. Not just simply alpha them.

Oh, there's the confusion. You said ColorTransform, but you were using ColorMatrixFilter (two completely different things). I see - the problem is most likely that you forgot to define TweenMax as the base class for your allTo() call (the 4th parameter). Either do that or activate the ColorMatrixFilterPlugin so that TweenLite can recognize it.

var myGroup:TweenGroup = TweenGroup.allTo(clipArray, 1, {alpha:1, colorMatrixFilter:{brightness:3, saturation:3}}, TweenMax);

Ohhh okay,

Cool. I see. I was attempting to activate the wrong color module, vector instead of bitmap and also wasn't properly referncing it.

Cool beans, I'll have to use your updated version in following projects.

Thanks Jack!

-soup