Search Community

Flanimate Timeline based GSAP animations

barrowman test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hi,

I'm struggling with a rather rudimentary thing, I want to create a timeline in Flash, just due to the ease of being able to show someone less technically minded how the file would work etc. Relevant code on each frame etc - very old school, but easy to convey what happening and mix timeline based animations and GSAP type animations.

Is this possible? For whatever I seem to be doing is breaking my file. I've taken a GSAP HTML5 files I did then an old HTML5 file I built on the timeline with some of Flanimates snippets and put them together and everything breaks :-(

My level of knowledge means all the things I've tried have not yielded much success. So as to stop me resorting back completely to Flanimate timeline animations for simple things like Alpha and x/y movement it would be good to have some idea what  I may be doing wrong.

GSAPFlanimate.fla.zip

Hi, thanks for the demo.

I don't think "root" means anything in the world of CreateJS.

I changed root to this and removed the stop() action.

var tl = this;
//----------------

var delay = 5000;
var startTime = createjs.Ticker.getTime();
createjs.Ticker.addEventListener('tick', f);
function f(e) {
if (createjs.Ticker.getTime() - startTime > delay) {
tl.play();
createjs.Ticker.removeEventListener('tick', f);
}
}

//
tl = new TimelineMax();
//
tl.from(this.Michael, .75, {
y: "54",
ease: Bounce.easeOut
}, "-=9.75")

it seems to work fine.

Disclaimer: I'm not a CreateJS expert by any means. I know its strongly discouraged (as with AS3) to put scripts on different frames of different MovieClip timelines. If you have specific questions about how scoping works in Animate, the adobe support boards may be of better help. 

• Like 2