Search Community

Additional Scrollbar appearing + dissapearing

awecesar test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hey,

I'm implementing the SVG card expansion effect on my site: http://timogede.com/en/work/

I have 2 problems.

There is a second scrollbar appearing and I have no idea why and how to remove that.

http://i.imgur.com/VXZb4Ss.png

Somehow it seems that I need the second scrollbar. Otherwise it is not possbile to scroll down the article. How can I fix that?

Thanks in advance for any tips!

Hi and welcome to the GreenSock forums.

Sorry about the inconvenience, it certainly doesn't look good, but unfortunately this is not a GSAP related issue but more of an CSS/HTML markup problem.

Unfortunately the efforts here have to be focused on GSAP related problems. Personally I don't have time to dissect your site and find a proper solution and in fact I'm just starting to come back to the forums in a very ridiculous and offensive pace. But perhaps another user could give you a hand in that area.

Basically what you need is to record the article container's height and apply that to another element so you can use the main scroll bar to go up/down in your page. One thing is to know if your article container could be moved to the most external part of the document, that is inside the <body> tag or a main wrapper inside the <body> tag, that would basically will allow you to increase the height of that container and use the body scroll bar.

Hopefully this will help a little.

Best,

Rodrigo.

• Like 1