Search Community

[Solved] Publishing Animated GIFs

stevenp test
Moderator Tag

In the quest to serve non-flash enabled clients (and not yet having the moral fortitude to consider a solution using GSAP for JS), I believe I have learned that one cannot export an animated GIF of greensock-powered works. My questions:

1) Is this true?

2) If yes, what workarounds are suggested?

3) Even if #2 doesn't point to GSAP JS, will I be able to universally address multi-layered animations using GSAP JS?

I hope this doesn't cross the bounds of posting in the wrong place, and thank you in advance,

Steve

Hi, 

Numerous sources have claimed that Flash CC's export to video feature is amazing and works very well with scripted animation (which would apply to GSAP).

Here is a video: 

So although Flash may not make a nice animated GIF export there are plenty of tools that convert video to GIF and even online ones such as:

http://imgflip.com/gifgenerator

I imagine the gif you create will very likely be too large in filesize as an acceptable alternate.. but its worth looking into.

The best option moving forward is really for you to get your moral fortitude to a point where you are knocking out GSAP JS animations in your sleep;)

If there are particular pain points for you in jumping to the JS side, let us know. We're very interested in making it as easy as possible for folks to get started.