Search Community

Video in TimelineMax

Apogee test
Moderator Tag

I'm trying to load a video (flv) into a TimelineMax sequence.

Various animations should occur using text and graphic objects with "timeline.append...", then video should play through before next animation, etc.

I've tried putting video in an mc,but it doesn't work.

I'll learn and use LoaderMax to achieve this if it can handle text and graphic animations.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Hi and welcome to the GreenSock forums.

You can't load a video into a TimelineMax, but you can have the TimelineMax use callbacks at any time to tell the video to play. At that point you could pause() the timeline and then resume() it when the video is done playing (when the VIDEO_COMPLETE event is dispatched). 

Flv video playback isn't really synchronized to anything in TimelineMax or anything going on the Flash timeline for that matter. It kind of plays on its own with its own framerate.

In older versions of flash you could import video and it would be converted to a movieclip with an image on each frame. With that method you could use TweenLite to control the playback of the "video" using the frame plugin.

Hi and welcome to the GreenSock forums.

You can't load a video into a TimelineMax, but you can have the TimelineMax use callbacks at any time to tell the video to play. At that point you could pause() the timeline and then resume() it when the video is done playing (when the VIDEO_COMPLETE event is dispatched). 

Flv video playback isn't really synchronized to anything in TimelineMax or anything going on the Flash timeline for that matter. It kind of plays on its own with its own framerate.

In older versions of flash you could import video and it would be converted to a movieclip with an image on each frame. With that method you could use TweenLite to control the playback of the "video" using the frame plugin.

Carl,

Thanks for the quick reply. I've enjoyed all your tutorials and will continue to learn all that's available with Greensock.

I guess I'm inspired by TV commercials which use text and graphics effects in conjunction with video. I think this might help engage our young students in firefighter training.

Seems like the pause(), resume() approach might work.

I'll keep working on it and stay tuned to this forum.

Your help is much appreciated.

Eric

• Like 1