Search Community

Add a circular preloader to an existing swf

vlambeat test
Moderator Tag

Thanks Carl,

Hello, I just bought the preloader suggested on the link you gave me, which looks great, but now I am having a problem with my swf, because it gets distorted when it finnaly does load the content.

I am using a main swf which loads the rest of the sections on a UILoader in the center, I want preloaders on each new section, so I added your preloader to the section (just one for now to test)... I am puzzled!

Can you help me out please?

this is the site: http://www.fhelguera.com/yoya2/Fotosyntesis%20-%20Final%20Run.html

And the preloader you can find it going to the menu at the bottom left, and pressing Portafolio>Diseño Grafico (it’s in spanish)...

As you can see, the rest of the site looks normal, but the one I used for implementing th preloader is huge and out of proportions.

When I test the .fla alone, the swf works fine, but when test to load the .swf on the main.swf it gets distorted

Thanks!

So, what would that happen?

I just added the preloader to the 1st frame, it's a drag and drop preloader, and the reason I am posting this here is because it's made with greensock platform and it's a suggestion from the site. Is there a way to fix this issue?

many thanks

Hi, I gave you my best guess of what is happening by simply looking at your swf.

If you need more help, please provide a VERY simple set of files that illustrates the issue.

Perhaps just one swf that loads another swf with the preloader you are using. I don't need to see the real files you are using in your site, that would be too complicated and unnecessary.

As a quick test, replace the Preloader that you are using with a simple square movieclip and see if a very basic shape also gets distorted. Again, double-check that any objects that contain your preloader or loaded swf do not have their scale adjusted on the stage.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, thanks Carl,

I made a test with a simple square movieclip as a preloader and the swf does get distorted.

I have prepared the very simple files you mentioned, its a main swf with to buttons, no 1 loads a normal swf which loads ok, No 2 loads the same swf with the preloader included... (I have just added the plug and play preloader on frame No 1 on the .fla) ....and it does get distorted.

I don't know how to upload the files though!

Can you help me out here please?

Thanks a lot Carl!

I am attaching the 3 files I mentioned before, as you can see, the one with the preloader gets distrorted, even the circular preloader itself looks like an oval. I am using a UILoader component, for loading the external swfs.

I have the feeling that the UILoader is the problem, but that's my guess, as you can see, I am new to AS code. Anyway, if you can help me out to find out how to implement a preloader i would appreciate it a lot!

Thanks

Test_Files.zip

You have to de-select the "scale content" option for your UILoader as shown in the image below:

Screen shot 2012-12-04 at 9.05.02 AM.png

To load a swf using GreenSock's SWFLoader you could do this:

import com.greensock.*;
import com.greensock.easing.*;
import com.greensock.loading.SWFLoader;
import com.greensock.events.LoaderEvent;
import flash.display.MovieClip;

//create a movie clip to hold your loaded content (or use any pre-existing clip from your library)
var swfHolder:MovieClip = new MovieClip();
swfHolder.x = 100;
swfHolder.y = 100;
addChild(swfHolder);

var swf1:SWFLoader = new SWFLoader("preloader.swf", {container:swfHolder, onComplete:onCompleteHandler});
swf1.load();

function onCompleteHandler(event:LoaderEvent):void{
trace("the swf has loaded"); 
trace(event.target);
}

• Like 1

Great, that worked... although I have to go and resize all my swfs because I just got used to work with that "scale content" option selected. Is there an easy way to do that? should I go and resize each .fla?

Is the greensock code you are suggesting a way to load swfs without the UILoader?

can I implemet this new code and scale the content to fit the area without distorting the swf?

Thanks Carl, what a great and effective forum!!!