Search Community

Tween gets ignored and skips to end location [HELP]

Applauz test
Moderator Tag

What would cause a tween to get ignored and just snap to the location it was supposed to tween to ?

is there something wrong with this ? I'm setting a 5 second delay before it should tween.. then it should tween for 1 second and call a function when it stops.

The delay happens... the Tween doesn't happen.. it just jumps to the end coordinates and then calls the onComplete function.

TweenMax.to(allChapterSwiper_mc, 1, {x:0, y:42, delay:5,ease:Expo.easeOut,startAt:{x:1024, y:42}, onComplete:setChaptersToolbar});

If for some reason the CPU gets overloaded during the 1 second of tweening that would cause the object to appear to jump.

TweenLite always respects time, so the Tweens will always complete when they should regardless of whether or not flash had the ability to render every frame of animation.

Does this happen all the time on this one tween?

Can you provide a simplified example where this behavior happens repeatedly?

Thx

Well ...

I have a button that is pressed that sets up an addChild which contains a large blitMask. I know that the blitMask takes 3 seconds to prepare itself.

I'm using

TweenLite.delayedCall(0.1, blitMask.update, [null, true]);

to make sure that the bitmapmode = true is only created when it's ready.

This works fine...

It takes 3 seconds for all that to happen..

I have a delay on the tween to make sure everything is ready.... I even set the delay to a ridiculous 10 seconds to be sure and I still get the jump.

Are you tweening the blitmask?

Is it ridiculously huge? If yes have you tested on a smaller target?

Are you sure the blitmask is updating during the tween?

It's very hard to diagnos the issue without knowing more. It's my experience that tweens just don't jump to the end unless there is something else going on in your code or other processes that are interfering.